What Is Considered A Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies vary depending on the individuals and the severity of the case. Generally, emergencies are any dental accidents or occurrences that interfere with your normal functioning or comfort, including:
- Broken or cracked teeth: Broken or cracked teeth can result in pain when chewing. Call us first if you are unsure whether your injury is severe enough to see an emergency dentist.
- Knocked-out permanent teeth: Your first step should be to stop bleeding. Recover the knocked-out tooth and gently rinse off any debris. Bring the tooth with you to your emergency dentist appointment.
- Severely cut tongue, mouth, and lip: Stop bleeding with a clean, sterile object to avoid infection. If the bleeding persists, contact an emergency healthcare provider immediately. In this scenario, it is sometimes best to visit the ER.
- Toothaches: Extreme pain is a sign of a severe dental problem. A persistent toothache is a sign that you need emergency dental services. However, consult with a dentist in case of any toothache, regardless of the pain intensity.
What Should Someone Do During A Dental Emergency?
In case of a dental emergency, call your dentist first. They may be able to see you if it’s during regular business hours. However, if it’s outside normal business hours, your options may include visiting an urgent care center or an ER for serious oral injuries. In the meantime, some of your home care options in case of a dental emergency include:
- Preserve knocked-out teeth in a safe place.
- Rinse and save the pieces in case of chipped or broken teeth.
- Apply some cold compress to minimize the swelling.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Take over-the-counter pain relief medication.
These options aren’t permanent and can help you manage the pain or situation. More importantly, visit your dentist or local emergency room immediately.
What Same Day And Emergency Care Does Kuhr Dental Group Offer?
We provide emergency dental services to resolve the following issues:
- Dental injuries. We can address your unprecedented dental injuries on the same day using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
- Chipped and broken teeth. Our dentists can attempt to salvage your chipped or broken tooth. If impossible, we can recommend and provide other same-day corrective measures.
- Tooth pain. We can provide solutions to kill any severe dental pain you may be experiencing.
Call for an immediate appointment in case of a dental emergency, and our staff can recommend the soonest time to visit our offices for emergency dental services.