Dental Exams in Shakopee, MN
Dental exams are an integral part of maintaining overall health. A dental exam can be a benchmark or guide for dental diagnosis and treatment. Dr.Kuhr is a licensed dentist in Shakopee, MN, with experience conducting multiple dental exams. Contact us to schedule a dental exam at Kuhr Dental Group in the Shakopee area.
What is a Dental Exam?
A dental exam involves the close inspection of teeth and mouth tissues via physical assessments and radiographs, among other diagnostic aids. It can also be defined as the first step to preventative dental care since it can involve determining the possibility of a dental issue developing and hindering its development.
How Does It Typically Work?
Here is what to expect from a routine dental exam performed by a general dentist.
- Medical history intake: The dentist will ask a few questions to help you discover more about your health. The additional information you may be required to provide includes the following:
- Your current medication
- Your smoking or alcohol usage frequency
- Possible healing remedies currently in progress
- Your previous diagnoses.
- Thorough Analysis: The next step in a dental exam involves thoroughly examining your teeth, gums, jaws, and supporting structures. This will allow the dentist to customize a cleaning or treatment plan. Thorough oral analysis may further include:
- Physical assessment
- Dental cleaning
- Examining the results
- Oral cancer screening.
- Education. The dentist will then treat you and discuss any concerns and discoveries. Dr.Kuhr will advise you on proper dental care and, if necessary, recommend you to a different specialist.
How Often Should You Go for A Dental Exam?
Regardless of your current oral health, it is important to visit a dentist regularly for routine dental exams. Most dentists advise having a dental exam at least once every year. However, your dentist may recommend more dental exams subject to the findings of the initial dental exam. A dental exam can take 45-60 minutes and be longer or shorter, depending on your dental health.
What are The Benefits of Routine Dental Exams?
The short-term benefits of dental exams include clean and healthy teeth. The long-term benefit of dental exams is improved oral and dental health. Below are the benefits of routine dental exams for maintaining oral health and hygiene.
- Dental exams prevent tartar, plaque, cavities, and tooth decay
- Dental exams prevent gum diseases
- Dental exams help to discover and address oral cancer in its early stages
- Dentists can use a dental exam to customize a routine dental care plan.
What are the Different Types of Dental Exams?
Common types and variations of general dental check-ups include:
- Oral cancer screening: Dentists include oral cancer screening in dental exams due to the increased number of oral cancer cases. Dr.Kuhr is trained to detect the early signs of oral cancer screening, increasing the odds of effective treatment.
- Examination for tooth decay: A dental exam can be targeted to look for signs of tooth decay or inspect an existing tooth decay situation.
- Thorough cleaning: Regular brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash can be insufficient to ensure healthy teeth. At Kuhr Dental Group, we have the necessary dental tool to ensure a thorough dental cleaning process to remove plaque, tartar, and unwanted substances.
- Periodontal cleaning: Unlike normal preventative cleaning, periodontal cleaning is prescribed to address periodontal disease directly.
- Examination of head, mouth, and throat. Your dentist can thoroughly examine the neighboring regions, including the head, throat, and mouth. This can help discover any connections to your dental health and treat them accordingly.
Why Should You Schedule a Dental Exam at Kuhr Dental Group?
Dr.Kuhr is a well-trained and experienced dentist with years experience in the dental examination and treatment industry. We use a personalized approach to conduct thorough dental examinations for our patients. Moreover, we use state-of-the-art, high-tech tools and techniques to conduct thorough and effective dental exams.
Schedule a Dental Exam at Kuhr Dental Group
Ready for a dental exam? Dr. Kuhr from Kuhr Dental Group can perform a comprehensive dental exam to help determine any underlying dental conditions to ensure clean and healthy teeth and gums. We can help you uncover and treat a wide range of dental problems after a thorough dental exam and analysis. Contact us today to schedule your dental exam in Shakopee, MN.